Individual Assignment 4

For the individual assignment 4, I went to one of the events which was a part of Pittsburgh’s Inclusive Innovation week 2018. ON Wednesday April 4, 2018 I along with my fellow classmate Abdullah, attended the Saving with Zero Waste event. This event was from 6:00pm – 7:30pm, at the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh East Liberty. Since it has almost been a month I don’t exactly remember the names of each speaker but I do know that it was 4 women and 1 man. It was definitely a different type of event and wasn’t what I expected it to be. 
            The event really focused on how to reduce ones carbon footprint and the amount of waste we produce. This included at the individual level as well as the company level. I would argue that this event somewhat tied into the concept of Corporate Social Responsibility. This is because one of the speakers talked about how companies and individuals need to be responsible for the amount of waste they produce, and how they can take steps to fix this problem. Some steps included recycling and producing/using organic materials that are more eco-friendly. 
            I think this lecture related to the news of companies who are switching to become more sustainable and are beginning to use clean and renewable energy. This may be a far stretch to connect the two but in my opinion and that of our textbook, some companies are considered to be their own separate entity. If this is true then this lecture can apply to them. Here the link to the events webpage, https://inclusiveinnovationweek2018.sched.com/event/E9Rg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Individual Assignment 5

Individual Assignment #03